Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Game 7 in the Rose City?

The Blazers will return to Portland later this week, the question is whether or not they will be hosting a game 7, or planning their summer vacations. I'm not 100% sold on the Blazers chances entering game 6, but I do believe that all of the pressure is squarely on the Rockets shoulders. Houston has gotten bumped in the first round every year since drafting Yao Ming back in 2002. Unfortunately for Yao, the pressure of making it into the second round is solely his, as T-Mac wont be their to take the blame for another Rocket collapse.

The Blazers have been so close to victory in the last two games in Houston. Taking my Blazers bias out of the equation, I still see this series coming back to the Rose City for game 7. With Deke tearing up his knee in game 2, Yao has shouldered even more of the load, playing nearly 40 minutes a night the last three games. The Blazers must get off to a fast start tomorrow, if that happens Yao will be sucking wind by halftime, making him a non factor in the second half.
Prediction: Blazers 89 Rockets 87

I hope this prediction is better than my game 3 one...(if you looked at my game 3 prediction, you know not to put any money on my picks, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment