Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mavericks 93, Trail Blazers 89

I don't really have a lot to say about this loss because it just ended and it was very painful. Portland struggles against Dallas for some reason and it frustrates me to no end. Seeing Dirk tug on his jersey in celebration on the Rose Garden floor makes me sick. I hope the Blazers take some things from this game however and come out ready to play on Friday against the Nets.

Thoughts.....

- Aldridge played well on both ends, especially defensively in the 2nd half. He seemed to be the most intense Blazer on the floor on a night when Brandon seemed unusually flat. I couldn't move for a good three minutes after that dunk over Dampier in the 3rd quarter, I was just too weak physically. Incredible plays paralyze me for some reason. It was the Best dunk of his career that I can remember.

- Outlaw picked up the scoring slack in the 4th quarter and he almost willed us to a win down the stretch. You almost never see Jason Kidd get his pocket picked like that during a crucial 4th quarter possession but Travis did it. His defense and intensity seem to be getting a little better.

- B-Roy looked a little off all game but he still put up 22 points and 6 assists. He did take 20 shots however and couldn't get it going like he usually does down the stretch of a close game. I suppose it happens. Forget it and move on.

-Przybilla was his usual self. He really has to cover up so many other people's defensive mistakes it's amazing he is in position for so many rebounds and avoids fouling out by the 2nd quarter. I love Joel.

- No one else really stood out to me too much. Batum played with good energy overall and did a reputable job on Kidd. Those blocks on the fast break just keep getting better and better. Steve Blake kept us in it with his shooting in the first half but I fear that all I will remember is that turnover he committed following the Outlaw steal at the end of the game. That hurt me. Frye had a few decent plays defensively but when Dallas was in that zone it would have been nice to get a couple of made shots from him on the perimeter. Sergio aired two threes and was generally uninspiring. Bayless didn't do anything worth mentioning that I can remember.


That game felt a little like a punch in the gut but Portland can't let this single loss become a losing streak, especially when facing a very winnable game against New Jersey in the garden on Friday night. I expect a bounce-back effort.

1 comment:

  1. there is no one on the team who has stepped up their game more than Lamarcus has recently. He is being aggressive on both ends and as we can obviously see, when he is aggressive, it pays off. He has an amazing skill set and it is on display for all to see right now. His dedication to rebounding more is what I appreciate most from him. He's quickly adding up the double-doubles

    ReplyDelete